Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yum Yum Yum!


So I found this Green Chile Tabasco Sauce and it's amazing (thanks Ginni)! Not too hot (not nearly as hot as regular Tabasco) and so I wanted to make Mexican food so I'd have an excuse to use it! I made some tasty "fresh" tacos. I didn't use an exact recipe - I'm more of a "dump and taste" kind of girl.

Taco base: 1 lb. ground turkey, 1 onion, chopped, 1 cup of brown rice, and one can of chili beans. I cooked the turkey and onion together and then added the rest. I added chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, a little oregano, and cumin. I like adding rice and beans to my meat so that it goes further and it sticks to your ribs a little more.

Toppings: queso fresco (white Mexican crumbly cheese - you can buy it at walmart), cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, lowfat sour cream, spinach (instead of lettuce - it was all I had), salsa, and my favorite - green pepper tabasco.

I put all of this in some pan fried (without any oil) corn tortillas. Oh my gosh was it tasty!!! Very fresh tasting and I love the queso fresco because it gives it a different flavor than normal. Try it! It' awesome!

5 comments:

Ginni Bingham LeVar said...

Thanks for using all of mine while you were here!!! Luckily I made it to the store to get some more the other day. Glad you like it.

Kimmby said...

I didn't use all of yours! You did! ;) So I saw it at Walmart for 99 cents! Next time you are up here, call me and I'll stock up for you. Then you can have 15 bottles at home to use up!

In the life of DREW said...

Oh man Tacos do sound yum right now. When can I come over? So great to read you blog and so happy you started one Kimm.

Kimmby said...

Drew, come over RIGHT NOW! Besides, I want to hear more about your trip. Your blog posts didn't do it for me (although they were amazing). Thanks for commenting. Sometimes its hard to blog when I know no ones reading it....

Unknown said...

Love your blog..Too cute.