Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This picture is from my amazing trip to the Mediterranean I took in November. This is me on a wall outside the Parthenon, overlooking Athens.

Some things I am grateful for this year:

  • The opportunity to travel. Because I teach year-round school, I go off track for a 3 week vacation every 2 months. I have been able to visit my parents several times in Washington - May, July, August, and December. I love to come to the Pacific Northwest - it's so beautiful and peaceful here. I also went on a 12-day cruise that was so cool!
  • My family. We were able to go camping all together (at least the Utah bunch) in June, and then we all went to Oregon for a week in August. We went to the beach, then to Silver Falls Park, where we stayed in cabins for a few days. My grandma Esther died during this time, so my sister and I stayed for her funeral and then drove home together.
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love learning more and more about Jesus Christ by reading the scriptures. It is amazing to me that I can read the Book of Mormon and the Bible again and again and gain new insights and remember old ones. I am grateful for Christ's sacrifice for me and for the opportunity to repent and improve my life every day.
  • My friends. In my single's ward, I've been able to meet some WONDERFUL people. They've enriched my life, and made it a lot more fun!
I'm looking forward to another great year!!!

3 comments:

DREW said...

Merry Christmas Kimm! Your blog has come a long way. I love it! Keep posting.

Ginni Bingham LeVar said...

Sure do love you booger! I can't read all of your text on your blog though, you need to change the text colors.

Rachel B said...

Kim, that is a really good picture of you! And thanks for all of the thoughtful gifts. I love the nail polish, and is that red ornament from you? I was putting away all of the Christmas stuff today and saw it for the first time. I love ornaments...especially when they are from diffrent places. Thank you! Love you!